Lemon Bars (2 ingredients) Tried it - liked it (wwpp=3pt)



This is one of the pinterest things on my "Gonna Try Board." I have recently been trying the cake mix add ins and makes a new desert, I did this one, because I love lemon and I actually had a can of lemon pie filling just hanging around, hmmmm.. don't remember why.. So with one of Angel Food Cake mixes I put this together

The true author and website that I actually got the recipe off of was, (there are a few more that have tried this recipe, but this is the one I used) http://rachelschultz.com/2012/09/23/two-ingredient-lemon-bars/

They turned out to be a really nice desert. It wasn't like the lemon bars from the original idea, but it did have that really nice lemon taste. It was lighter and a bit more fluffier.

Lemon Bars (cake)   (wwpp=3pt)

Ingredients:

1 box of angel food cake mix

1 can of lemon pie filling

Instructions:

1) Mix together (by hand, don't over kill it)

2) Pour into a 9x13 pan that you sprayed with non-stick spray.

3) Bake at 350, it said 20-30 minutes, but I kept mine in about 40 and just kept a watch on it.

Cool, and cut. I cut mine into 4 across and 5 down.


This reminded me of that great lemon flavor that my mother used to put in her pound cakes.
This is worth a try if you like lemon. It is not like a true lemon bar, but it isn't a bad substitute.

So give it a try, quick and easy..

Comments

Popular Posts