Twice Baked Potatoes Casserole ---wwpp=3pts




Everyone loves a little comfort food. This really turned out to be a good one. I can't wait to reheat it for my lunch today.

Twice Baked Potato Casserole      wwpp=3pt
(this made about 12 servings)

Ingredients:

3 large baked potatoes ( I baked potatoes the night before and had some left over. I used 3 large ones, but you could use 6 medium ones) (they need to be cold from refrigerator to be able to work with)

1 cup of fat free shredded cheddar cheese

1/2 cup of fat free sour cream

1 cup of spinach (kinda chop it up, I used frozen, thawed it a bit)

2 tablespoons of real bacon bits.

1 tsp of minced garlic

1/4 cup of minced onion

Seasoning to taste (you could put a little hot sauce, salt, pepper, garlic salt)


Instructions:

1) Take the potatoes and grate them up. ( I will mash next time)This makes them kinda a ricey texture, the next time for the kids they prefer smooth and I will mash them a bit more. I also left the skins on.

2) Add warmed spinach, (cut up a bit).

3) Add onions, garlic, seasoning, sour cream and 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese.

4) If at this point it seems really dry you can add a little water or just a bit of milk. Put into your crockpot.

5) Cook on low for 4 hours and then open and put rest of cheese on top.

Then serve. You could do this in an oven really easy too. Just put in Casserole dish and cook, oh maybe 30 minutes at 350, until it is all melty and brown.

Also the next time I make this I will be adding Cauliflower (just boil until tender) and will mash it all together. The flavor was so great, you wouldn't be able to tell. And with kids, that is my goal.
* for my ww friends, it would lower the points with the cauliflower.

Another great idea would be to add broccoli, or maybe a chili one. Almost like a loaded potato but in a casserole. You could also stretch this and add more potatoes and ingredients for little money.

I wanted to post this today, so I wouldn't forget, sometimes I get so crazy and get so busy, that I forget. If you give it a try let me know. If you do something different, let me know too.

So get out there, gonna be a beautiful fall weekend and enjoy the day..

Spend some time with family, make something, talk and play. There are other days to work. Make a treat together..

Enjoy the day, Make it yours!



Comments

Popular Posts