Bacon Cauliflower Soup

(this is not mine, had to borrow a picture.. but mine was like that. They put a little green onion on top.)

 Bacon Cauliflower Soup

Ingredients:

1 head of cauliflower (riced)
1/2 onion (diced)
3 celery stalks (diced)
3 garlic (diced)
1 medium carrot (diced)
4 sliced of bacon
1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese 
2 tbs of flour
3 cups of chicken broth
2 cups of milk

Instructions:

1) Take your bacon and cut up into bite size pieces, throw in soup pot on medium and start to brown it.  (so you can brown it quickly)

(At this point you can remove the bacon and use it as a topping. I left mine and blended it all together at the end.)

2) After bacon is finished drop in all the diced veggies ( you can dice them so they are bite size, if you prefer a lumpier soup/chowder)
(I just blended them all together at the end)

3)Drop in the two tbs of flour and mix and let turn a little brown, then add the chicken broth, and the cauliflower.

4) Stir all the while until it comes to a boil. Letting the cauliflower get tender. Then add the milk.

5) The shredded cheddar you can also save as a garnish, I just put mine in for the flavor with the milk.
Keep stirring until it is all hot and mixed together.

6) At this point check for salt and pepper.
Also you can decide to leave it all chunky.
I pureed mine with my immersion blender.

Let cool just a bit. With my immersion blender I did not get a smooth texture, but a grainy texture, but it was really good. I should have let my cauliflower get more tender but flavors were spot on, I would have thought it was potato, if not for the little bit of grainy from the texture of the cauliflower.

This will actually be one of my new go to ..low carb..potato replacement meals.

I enjoyed this soup. I am a big fan of potato soup and this was right up there with it.

So another thing from " At My Kitchen" to yours..
Have a wonderful weekend. 


Comments

Popular Posts