Zucchini and Summer Squash Casserole







Been waiting and waiting for my zucchini plants to take off. Sadly, I think they are never going to get going..lots of blooms, but still nothing. My cucumber and tomatoes are going crazy. So I gave in and found a farmers table in town and bought some wonderful squash. I just love zucchini, because it really doesn't have a strong vegetable taste and it is a great way to sneak into things.

This time a Zucchini and Summer Squash Casserole, doesn't quite hide it, but it sure was delicious and easy.

So I wanted to share.



Zucchini and Summer Squash Casserole

( This fed 5) (If you need more just add more squash if you need more or leftovers)

Ingredients:

1 tbs of coconut oil
1 medium zucchini (diced)
1 medium spring squash (diced)
1 medium onion (diced)
1 garlic clove (minced)
2 eggs
1/4 of shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 of Panko crumbs
(Hold back a little cheese and a little panko for the top)

Instructions:

1) Take the coconut oil and put into a large saute pan, add in onions and garlic, saute a bit, then add in the two squashes, saute a bit, until a little tender.

2) In a large bowl break 2 eggs, add the 1/4 cup of shredded cheese (reserve a little for top) the 1/4 cup of Panko crumbs (also hold a little back for top), and a dash of salt and pepper. mix together.

3) Add the sauteed vegetables into bowl and mix altogether.

4) Pour into a Pam sprayed casserole dish. Sprinkle a little panko and cheese on top.

5) Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes checking to make sure starts to turn brown.

When it is finished take out and let cool at least 15 ,minutes, it makes the flavors taste better and you don't burn your mouth.

This was really a great little casserole and I am sure it will freeze really well. I am going to make a few smaller ones for my freezer for those really "I don't want to cook days" and while it is abundant for a good price

I was also really happy, my littlest ate two servings and enjoyed it. I even have a small little bit for my lunch tomorrow. Yummy.

I hope everyone is enjoying all their garden harvests. I will try to make a few new things next week. I love that you enjoy my posts and enjoy what I am making.

If you ever want to shoot me a recipe, a question or just a comment, always feel free to holler.

So for now "It really is just that simple" Keep it simple in the summer. Make it your own and spice it up.


* Was also working on WW points for this
coconut oil - 4
zucchini/squash/onion/garlic - 0
1/4 cup Panko -1.5
1/4 cup shredded cheese - 3
2 eggs - 2

This made a 12" round casserole dish, I would say a regular portion would be 8 servings from this container.
So each serving would be = 2 or so...



Comments

Popular Posts