The Three Cheese Low Carb Pizza Crust




Here is my pizza from yesterday. Please remember a pizza crust is just a starting platform.  I usually work with what I have in my fridge...
Here are just a few ideas.
Eggplant- diced in little squares, or thin, thin circles and lay on top of a tomato sauce.
Pepperoni Slices - deli makes nice big rounds, just for a new texture.
Cheeses - there is all kinds
Sausages - Italian, chicken, breakfast, and don't forget churiso sausage.
Meats- hamburger, chicken, pulled pork, taco meat.

and another favorite is to build one that would love a fresh cold lettuce, tomatoes, and a dressing on top. Sometimes, I create a small Italian salad to put lightly on top. The hot and cold factor...Yummy..

Three Cheese Low Carb Pizza

Ingredients:
(there ingredients made a big old 16 inch pizza) if you pare back the ingredients to half of everything, you would get a nice personal sized one)

1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup of mozzarella ( this is for the top)
1/4 cup shredded cheddar
1/4 cup of any other kind (I actually had some extra white Cheddar.)
3 eggs (here you can use eggbeaters and cut back on calories)
Spices (garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, Fresh Basil)
Tomato Sauce / Pizza Sauce / fresh tomato slices (smooched or thin, thin)
Toppings (any veggies, meat) Mine I used eggplant, pepperoni, onions and tomato sauce.
Parchment paper (this makes it so simple and guaranteed no mess or sticking)

Instructions:

1) Take a pan that you are going to use for the pizza. Put Parchment Paper in it. I put enough so there is an edge for spillage.

2) Mix the eggs and cheese all together. Add any spices you like. I actually cut up my fresh basil in it. Pour right in the middle of the parchment paper.

3) Start to slowly spread it out, I just pushed with a spoon, into the shape I wanted and it was thin..

4) Pop into a 350 oven for about 15 - 20  minutes, Until it starts to brown a bit.

5) Remove from oven, let rest 5 minutes, Then sauce ( I do this lightly, so not too soggy). Put on what topping you would like. Sprinkle lightly with cheese.

Mine was eggplant, pepperoni, onions, real garlic, basil.

6) Cook until the top cheese gets melted and a little brown, the bottom should be brown by now.

Remove from oven. You must let rest 10 minutes, because it makes it taste so much better.

I am guessing because this was low carb and higher in fat, it left me full after 1/4 of the pie.

*Weight Watchers Points Plus: (please do your own numbers in case I am way off)
I tried to do weight watcher points, and of course they varied on toppings.. but the crust I came up with 3 points, crust alone.  Calories for the entire pizza crust came to 710. making a quarter at 177 a piece. Now these are numbers for just crust.  This is also using egg beaters.

I have made this crust two times now and I enjoyed it both times. I am getting ready to try a spinach white one in a few days. This really hits the pizza craving head on.

I hope you give this any other recipes a try. I love feed back too.

Remember life is really just that simple. Enjoy it, Make those memories.

Comments

Popular Posts