Fried Green Tomatoes (revamped for lower carb)


I am now pursuing the low carb alternatives to what I am eating. I am now using almond flour. It is a bit expensive, but I really only use it in small amounts.

I have been waiting and waiting...and waiting for my tomatoes to turn red and to no avail as of today, they are all still green, and now they are 3 short. I couldn't wait anymore.

SO fried green tomatoes is my snack for the evening. I serve it also with just fat free sour cream with hidden valley ranch dressing mix.

Fried Green Tomatoes (revamped for a lower carb) 

Ingredients:

2 medium size green tomatoes (slice in nice thick...hmm about 1/4 inch, I got about 3 from each tomato, and don't waste any of the tomato, cut the smaller pieces around the stem part and be sure to fry them too.)

1/4 cup of almond flour
1tsp of garlic salt
1/4 cup of egg beaters
1/4 cup of coconut oil

Instructions:

1) cut those slices.

2) Dip into egg beaters and then lay into the almond meal, I just flip over and gently coat them.

3) Place directly in the hot coconut oil.  Let fry and get pretty and brown. Flipping very carefully.

4) Lay on paper towel to cool and get all nice and ready.

Serve with a fat free dressing of your choice. I use hidden valley ranch mix and fat free sour cream. You can also use Greek yogurt.

This made about 6 nice slice tomatoes and all the little parts.. so I would say about 8 slices.

* on the weight watcher plus side.. I figured that each 6 points per tomato..maybe 2 per thick slice.

Three slices filled me up and filled that wonderful craving.

I just had to share.. you know I did...

Comments

Anonymous said…
So how many carbs is it prepared this way??

Popular Posts