Kale-Spicy Sausage-Bean Soup



Today is actually to be chilly all week in the morning. Hmmmm, we will see. Cool mornings remind me that it is time for belly warming recipes. Soups are a great way to save money and fill the stomach. I am forever experimenting with ingredients. Trying to find a great way to save money, leaves me with lots of cheaper ingredients that once cooked taste so wonderful. Making soups, leaves me some for leftovers that become a quick lunch.

Today's invention was the Kale-Spicy Sausage-Bean Soup. I mean it didn't have a name but it was soooo good.
You can use your crock pot for this, but it takes a few prep stuff in the soup pot. Today, I made it in the soup pot and then transfered it to the crockpot on warm. It will be eaten on all day.

Kale-Spicy Sausage- Bean Soup

Ingredients:

2 bunches of Kale (wash them and cut out the spine and cut into bite size pieces)

1/2 of a ring of spicy sausage (it contains a lot of calories, but if you cut it in small bite size pieces it goes so much farther and remember it is spicy and it is kinda salty so hold back on salting till the end)

1/2 diced onion

3 cloves of garlic (minced)

1/4 cup of vinegar (you might want to add more, just taste at the end, I like the tartness of the vinegar)

3 cups of water

4 chicken boulion cubes

1 cup of chicken soup (I only use this if I have it)



1 can of bean (rinse them off, I wanted white beans, but I had a can of pinto, they were just as good, just not as pretty as the white would have been with the green Kale) (remember you eat with your eyes, before your mouth, so make it pretty when you can.)

Instructions:

First step is to take sausage, onion and sautee in a pan with a bit of olive oil. When the sausage gets brown, cut the heat off.

Take the water, chicken soup, chicken boulion, vinegar and garlic and add to the pot.
Turn back on and stir around scraping the bottom to get all the flavor.
(at this point you could put right into the crock pot, add the kale and beans, and put on low all day)

When starting to simmer add the kale, simmer on low until tender, then add rinsed beans.

Note: I bought this jar of peeled garlic cloves, so I dropped a few extras in for me. After a bit on the stove, they were like little delightful, sweet garlic bites.

Just had to share, hopefully I won;t be talking much to anyone face to face.

I posted this for those who were asking about what I was cooking.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Fall is upon us, so take every opportunity to enjoy the days ahead. My family is doing well. My oldest is doing her student teaching and it makes me smile at what a beautiful person she has become. My son, Thomas is in his first year of highschool and is really coming into his own person. Patrick is three and of course keeps us all very busy. I, myself, I am walking and all over the place. Gotta get the weight off, but you know what everyday, is a chance to improve ourselves. Just don't ever quit.

Drop me a line anytime.. nylynga@bellsouth...let me know how you all are doing.
Love to all

Comments

Popular Posts