Friday, August 1, 2008

Wow, it has been one heck of a school vacation (summer) technically it is still summer. I am back to my regular few. I have been one busy, kid..

My kids start back on Monday, I am kinda sad. I actually, probably one of a few that like having their kids around. I would have even gone as far as home school mine. But I think they need the interaction with kids and the real world. So that idea is off the shelf.

I am heading out at 7am to the mighty Walmart with hopes of getting school supplies. I hope it isn't too crazy.. It is a tax free weekend around here. I can only imagine everything being out and sending my kids without. Oh won't that make the transition from elementary school to junior high so much nicer.

Last week went and took my son to get his warts looked at. It had finally gotten to the point where I couldn't figure what was his finger and his warts were. He said so good, while may I explain what they did. They took each one and shaved them down until he had pain.. Oh my, I couldn't even watch, I would have been yelling pain for the moment go.. He was sooooo great. Then if that wasn't enough, (the little boogers, bleed like crazy) she wipes it up and goes and gets the freezer off can.. About the size of a small torch for cooking...yea, and then held the nozzle to each one. I swear he turned a million shades of white. I really felt for him. They bandaged about 5 fingers and we left. He was in such pain. But what a trooper. It has been about a week and they are looking kinda scabby, lets hope that is the end of it. I know he was brave the first time, but the second time he will know what is coming. Think I will let his Daddy take him. You think?

Well this week in my kitchen, I have done some marvelous saves. It seems that I am more creative when I have less. I guess the addage, " Less is more".

Whats cooking:

Crockpot Philly Steak Sandwich.

1 package of steakums
1 onion
1 pepper
1 tablespoon of worshire or A1
1 pk of 6 hogie rolls
4 slices of provolone or your fav cheese

Dice up onion and peppers and layer in crockpot. Break up steakum on top. A bit of worshire. Put on lid and cook on low for about 4 hours. Sometimes it can be quicker. I also used my small crockpot.
When done fix hogie rolls with mayo and cheese and pile up the steakum. It was really good and the best part was that it was all my new "nice saves" in my kitchen. The onion was the last, the green pepper was what I had cut up and saved from a month ago (from my freezer). The steakums were found by accident, they were peeping at me from the corner of the freezer. The only thing I had to buy was the hogie rolls and the cheese. So almost a virtual cheap meal.

Another one from my "nice saves"

Potatoe Pizza

3 potatoes diced
1 onion diced
1 green pepper diced
real bacon bits
eggs ( I used egg beaters)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup of cheese any type. ( I find that cheddar does the best)
1 pizza crust

I premade the pizza crust and popped in oven to brown. In a pan I sauteed the potatoes, onions, greenpepper in olive oil. When tender I added the bacon bits, and then the egg beaters. Stirred until all cooked.
On the crust, I spread the sour cream on it and then emptied the whole pan on top. Topped with cheese and popped in oven to brown.

This also was a hit.
The kicker to this save was that it really emptied out the old fridge. Everything was needing to be eaten or made into something and this really fit the bill.

Gosh you would think I really love the food.

Exersize and my diet progress

Finally with the kids going back I can get back on my bike and stair master. I can't wait, nothing beats that good feeling.. ( I will probably ache for a bit, but that is okay) I still plan on doing that walking thing in the pool, it has turned out to really be fun and easy. I have no brain cells left from watching kids, so simpler the better.
As for dieting, it is hard. Especially having to watch the Diabetes. It is also harder now that groceries are getting expensive. Trying to stick to the beans and veggies. It is all a big change and small baby steps.

Well I gotta go, my family never bothers me, when I am laying down doing nothing. But the minute I make that motion to do something other than for them, they all come to find me. Hope you guys have a great weekend.. I will get back soon, keep in touch..

Comments

Popular Posts