Chinese Meatballs and Noodles




 I deviated from the menu this week, because of my older daughter. She was craving carbs and I was craving veggies. So we came up with this. I buy these meatballs at the SAM'S CLUB. They are the reduced sodium. I did the weight watchers point plus and came up with 4 for 3 points. I also buy the oriental sauce there, but you could just uses a sweet teriyaki sauce.

I julienned all my veggies, just gave them a more oriental taste to them. I looked for everything I had on hand, I even found a can of bean sprouts.







Chinese Meatballs and Noodles with Vegetables.

Ingredients:

1/4 bag of the low sodium pre-made meatballs (or you could make your own, I was going for quick)

1/4 of a container of any Chinese sauces (something sweet and sour, or sweet and salty..teriyaki type sauce)
1lb of spaghetti noodles (pre-cooked)

1 carrot julienned

1small onion julienned

1 garlic sliced thin

1/4 cup of julienned cabbage

1 julienned zucchini

1 can of bean sprouts

Instructions:

1) In the morning, I take my meatballs and sauce and put in my crock pot, takes about 4-6 hours to get them all saucy and cooked.


2) When ready to eat I cook the spaghetti and put in a bowl. (Save back just a bit of spaghetti water)

3) In a pan, saute all the julienned veggies, until slightly tender.



4) Toss the veggies into the spaghetti noodles, add about 1/4 of spaghetti water and 1/4 of the sauce from the meatballs in the crock pot.

5) Serve in a bowl and top with a few meatballs. I like mine a little more salty so I added soy to mine. I also only like a few meatballs, cause they really soak up the sauce.



__________________________________________

With this I always usually make my veggie baked egg rolls. I made a really filling meal.
Easy and Cool for a hot summer night. Might have to make leftovers next time, I bet this would be good chilly.

_________________________________________

As with every post, I wish you the best of everything. Get out there and make something to make you happy and share your happiness with others.

Until next time..

Comments

Popular Posts