Chinese Meatballs and Noodles
I deviated from the menu this week, because of my older daughter. She was craving carbs and I was craving veggies. So we came up with this. I buy these meatballs at the SAM'S CLUB. They are the reduced sodium. I did the weight watchers point plus and came up with 4 for 3 points. I also buy the oriental sauce there, but you could just uses a sweet teriyaki sauce.
I julienned all my veggies, just gave them a more oriental taste to them. I looked for everything I had on hand, I even found a can of bean sprouts.
Chinese Meatballs and Noodles with Vegetables.
1/4 bag of the low sodium pre-made meatballs (or you could make your own, I was going for quick)
1/4 of a container of any Chinese sauces (something sweet and sour, or sweet and salty..teriyaki type sauce)
1lb of spaghetti noodles (pre-cooked)
1 carrot julienned
1small onion julienned
1 garlic sliced thin
1/4 cup of julienned cabbage
1 julienned zucchini
1 can of bean sprouts
1) In the morning, I take my meatballs and sauce and put in my crock pot, takes about 4-6 hours to get them all saucy and cooked.
2) When ready to eat I cook the spaghetti and put in a bowl. (Save back just a bit of spaghetti water)
3) In a pan, saute all the julienned veggies, until slightly tender.
4) Toss the veggies into the spaghetti noodles, add about 1/4 of spaghetti water and 1/4 of the sauce from the meatballs in the crock pot.
5) Serve in a bowl and top with a few meatballs. I like mine a little more salty so I added soy to mine. I also only like a few meatballs, cause they really soak up the sauce.
With this I always usually make my veggie baked egg rolls. I made a really filling meal.
Easy and Cool for a hot summer night. Might have to make leftovers next time, I bet this would be good chilly.
As with every post, I wish you the best of everything. Get out there and make something to make you happy and share your happiness with others.
Until next time..