"Pinned it" Did it.... Hotdogs and Spaghetti



This was one of those "Pinterest" things that I put under my "Gonna Try". Anyone is welcome to follow me on pinterest.

I tried to track down who actually thought this up and the only blogspot that might have originated from is may this one, http://mrsbunkybee.blogspot.com/. I always like to give credit where credit is due.,

I made this the day all my kids, who are now 13-17 years of age and no longer babies. They always like the octopus and elbow macaroni that we had when they were little. I will blog that one on my other blogspot it is a real good eat for kids.

The kids thought this was good too, took a bit of time to get it to cook the spaghetti, maybe we were just too hungry.

Hotdogs and Spaghetti (wish I could whip up a fancier name)

Ingredients:

1 box of regular spaghetti (not angel hair, too thin)

1 package of hot dogs

Instructions:

1) Cut up the hot dog into fours.

2) Take 2 pieces of spaghetti and break in half. We found that this was much easier to handle than a big piece. Push all four pieces evenly into the hot dog.



3) Drop (all) into boiling water, until spaghetti is tender.


4) When tender dish up and enjoy.



_____________________________________________________

We had fun doing this, and it tasted good. I will probably do this again. It was a really fun way to get kids to eat.

I think it is important to interact with the kids and in turn teach them how to cook. I like this because it teaches texture in food. The kids were all into how neat the noodle tasted and then the hard hot dog.

So as you read this, I will keep trying out new things and posting.

Have a great day...make it yours.

Comments

Popular Posts