Chocolate Waffles and Chocolate Oatmeal Waffles wwpp= oatmeal ones = 4pt


To the left is the plain chocolate ones and the right is the oatmeal and chocolate.

These are the chocolate oatmeal ones.. see how much more heartier they look.






I have when the kids were little, used a sandwich maker, and in them I would make just about anything in them. I would make little triangle cakes from cake mixes.



This time I decided to dig out my waffle maker. This in turn is going to make a bigger version and since they aren't babies anymore this size was perfect.

I made this batch and split  it in half. One for a regular chocolate waffle and the other I added the oatmeal and made the chocolate oatmeal waffle. I wasn't sure if the kids would eat them. Well, they were a big hit and I think the oatmeal one, made a fuller texture. I am at this moment thinking about all the other healthy stuff I could sneak in next time. Chia seeds, flax seeds, phylum...hmmmmm.

Chocolate Waffles and Chocolate Oatmeal Waffles   made 7

est 125 calories a waffle (with oatmeal)   (est 4 weight watcher points)
est 100 calories a waffle

Ingredients:

1 chocolate cake mix

1/2 cup of egg substitute

1 individual cup of applesauce

1/2 cup of oatmeal (old fashioned)

Instructions:
for the plain chocolate waffles

1) Mix the cake mix, egg substitute, applesauce and 1 and 1/4 cup of water.
(at this point if I am going to make the oatmeal waffles, I will split the batter, If not keep it all)


2a) For the regular chocolate waffles...spray waffle maker and pour in. Wait until done.


2b) For the oatmeal chocolate waffles..add 1/2 cup of oatmeal to the batter. Spray waffle maker and pour in. These take a little more time to completely cook.

This is the chocolate oatmeal. I just poured in the middle and spread it out.


Ideas for these:

These you could make in the morning. Have them for breakfast.

Take them and split into the four sections and put a scoop of vanilla ice cream, squish and wrap. Put back in freezer for an ice cream sandwich later.

Serve them warm with a scoop of ice cream on top.

The Oatmeal Chocolate ones we just kinda walked around and ate.


So here I have provided you a quick breakfast, snack, and a dessert...Yummy..

Here is wishing you a very wonderful day..get out there and make it yours..

Comments

Popular Posts