Don't Knock It Till You Try It #chicken liver pate



EEEWWWWWWWW  you say?


I sure wish that I could make this look so much prettier, but livers don't take on a wonderful shade of color, while they are cooking, or even after they are cooked.

Yes, I know all the negatives as to why not ...but what if this time, we why not try it?

Livers though I do feel is an acquired taste. If you have tried liver and it was yucky, you should still try this again. What do you have to lose..worst is you could feed it to you animals. Oh no, sorry. Bad imagery.

Chicken Liver Pate

Ingredients:

1 container of livers (drained)

1 small onion minced (use half while cooked and stir the other half in at the end.)

2 cloves of garlic

1tsp garlic salt

salt and pepper

Instructions:

1) Drain the livers and put into a saute pan with the onions and garlic, and seasoning and a little bit of olive oil.


2) Cook on low and stir until the livers are completely cooked. They will not look pretty and most likely smell pretty either.


3) Remove from heat and put into a blender. Blend until smooth and pureed.
*this is where I add the rest of the minced onion. I like a little bit of texture. If not leave it out.


4) Spoon into a container, cool and then put in refrigerator.
 I know something that ugly.. but it tastes sooooo good.


I think this is just a delightful treat. My mother always made this for us. We actually would eat it warm, and barely had any in the fridge for the next day.
We also just eat it on saltine crackers. So fancy, smancy...

So if you are feeling adventurous, then give it a try.. but don't be a hater until you try it.
It actually is a delicacies in a lot of fancy restaurants.

Let me know if you get brave..


Comments

Popular Posts