Baked Oatmeal - WW- 2 points



this is two servings



I was looking for any recipes that could take my oatmeal from the bowl into something I could tote around with me.

I finally found one on 3 Fat Chicks. This recipe doesn't make them like a chewy bar but more like a really moisty compact oatmeal. I will store them in the fridge. I would think they would be great heated up with a cup up apple on it, from the microwave. But that will be another recipe.

This is their recipe ( I just doubled it ) you may want to go to their site and do their recipe, it was smaller. I just have more to feed around here.

Baked Oatmeal Pumpkin Bars

Ingredients:

5 cups of uncooked oatmeal

2 tsp of baking powder

1/4 splenda

1 tbls  of cinnamon ( I actually put more)

1tsp of nutmeg

2tsp of vanilla

1 cup of egg whites ( or eggbeaters0

1 small individual unsweetened apple sauce cup

1 15oz can of pumpkin

2 cups skim milk

Fruit cut up. I used blueberries I had in fridge and cut up some strawberries

Instructions:

Mix all together and put in a lined parchment lasagna pan. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes. Until knife comes out clear. Let cool and cut. I cut mine in half and each half in half, and half again.. you get the picture..I got 32 pieces.



I put two in each snack baggie.. which totals 4 points. I only ate one, they are very heavy. The baby seemed to love them. I can see these like I said maybe toasted up and whip up some of the PB2 and spread on top. Or top with diced apples, a squirt of butter, cinnamon, vanilla and popped into microwave till hot and apples tender. Squirt with the wonderful 0 point topping of whip cream and yummy dessert.

Well gotta go, and keep the house clean..yea..right!

Comments

Popular Posts