Baked Potatoe Soup ----WW--2 points


So this Weight Watcher stuff is doing okay. Really makes you think about what you are eating and how much you eat. It seems that the more veggies I put in stuff, the more filling and the less that I eat. It makes that serving seem so filling.

This morning I decided to use the recipe maker on my WW site and I looked into my fridge and this is what I came up with. I had it for lunch and will use it for dinner with a spinach-chicken quesidilla.

I had two baked (large) potatoes in my fridge ( I always make extra). Celery and carrots that I cut for last week that I didn't get to, so they don't get bad I will use them.  I also had some already cut up raw spinach. This stuff you can sneak into everything. It just tastes like nothing, and makes for some great vitamin and minerals.

So here is the recipe:

Baked Potato Soup (mine from the fridge)

2 large already baked potatoes ( you could use 4 small ones, and you could use raw, you would just have to boil them.

1 cup of diced onion

1 1/2 cup of diced celery

1 1/2 cup of diced carrots

6 cloves of minced garlic

2 cups of water


3 cups of chicken broth ( low fat) ( I made about 10 - 2 cup containers a week ago and froze my own)

3 boulion cubes

3 cups of skim milk

2 cups of diced spinach

2 tbs of Molly McButter

salt and pepper

Instructions:

Take diced onions, carrots, celery and minced garlic and put in the pot with the 2 cups of water. Boil until tender.

Add the chicken broth and the boulion cubes.

Cut up the baked potatoes into bite size pieces ( I leave the skin on). Add to the pot.

Put in the spinach.

Add in the milk.

Start to simmer and watch, you don't want to scald the milk.

I start to smash a few of the potato chunks up to make it thicken a little.

Cook till hot as you like.


This clocked into serving 12 (1 cup servings) for 2 points

This makes a very chunky soup, if you prefer smooth, then pull out that great little gadget the immersion blender.

For a little tasty topper, Hormel Real Crumbled Bacon Bits (1 point for 1tbs) put in a small pan and warm up till crispy and then put on top.. yummy

Here's a picture of the Hormel Real Crumbled Bacon Bits. I get the large bag at Sams




I hope you enjoy it WW or not. It was a great way to be frugal and use what was in the fridge, also.
If you try it, make sure you spice it the way you like it, and make it your own. That what makes a recipe great is the love you put into it.







Comments

Looks and sounds delicious!!!!
Looks and sounds delicious!!!!

Popular Posts