Mini Cinnamon Buns


Mini- Cinnamon Buns

How many times, with or without kids do you think as you drive by that McDonald's.. hmmm.. I just love their cinnamon minis? If you don't then you should try them.

I have figured out a more less costly and just as tasty way to make them. I use the 4 pkg of refrigerator $1.50 for the 4 pack. They are really a very versatile little item. I will post more of what I can do with those puppies..

So here's the deal

Mini- Cinnamon Buns

Ingredients:

Buns:

1 pkg of refrigerator biscuits (this made enough for 5 people eating (4 each)

1 tablespoon of butter

Cinnamon and sugar (I keep it pre-made in the pantry)

Dipping Sauce or Icing on top

Powdered sugar (1 cup)

Milk (1 tablespoon)

Instructions:

Today you get to see some pictures on how I did it. I did one at a time for this demonstration. After that I did them all on a cutting board and then put on a cookie sheet to bake.

Step 1:
Take a biscuit and stretch it to about 2" wide and about 5" long (just an estimate)








Step 2:
Spread a thin coat of butter (margarine)









Step 3:

Sprinkle generously with cinnamon and sugar









Step 4:
Roll up slowly









Step 5:
Cut in half









Step 6:

Lay on a greased sheet. I prefer parchment paper. (make sure parchment paper fits, it can kinda burn)








Step 7:

Put in 350 oven for about 10 minutes. Keep watch so they don't get too brown.

Then mix together the icing and either put in a small bowl for dipping, pour on top. (in the picture above, I just poured on top)

And enjoy!



* note: if you want these take away. I put 4 in a square Tupperware container. I put my icing in those little condiment throw away containers. Walmart sells them in a bag of 100 for a few buck. They come in handy for sauces, dressings and such. Instead of having to wash them they are throw away.


I have been trying to keep track of what I am eating and I did a bit of calculating on this one..
Three actual biscuits is 150 calories. So you can actually have six of these mini buns. With the little of the butter, cinnamon, and sugar.. I would add maybe 50 more on that.. for the sauce if you take it easy. Just a drizzle or naked.. maybe if at the most another 50.  so for 250 calories you can have the cinni minis...


I hope you at least give them a try. For the money you can't beat it..(1 can = .39 cents , a tbs of butter = pennies, cinnamon/sugar = pennies, and the dipping sauce = pennies) if you have a pantry you should be able to whip this all up.

So let me know how it goes!

Comments

Popular Posts