Baked Egg Pizza wwpp=6 (per slice)



This Pizza was the hit of the weekend. I have been every weekend trying to find things to make breakfast with. Different things that the kids would eat and still keep me within my ww points.

I have already lost 30lbs in the last 3 months and I have a ways to go; so in turn the more I will create recipes to make a life change in the way we eat. My husband has lost 40. I would love to credit it towards the Weight Watcher's and I do to a point. I learned from them what an actual portion was and that is really the secret of it all. Plus to loose weight you must take in less than what you burn. I am going to continue the WW plan for a while more, because I have no control with certain foods and I am finally learning that. I think one of my biggest things that I am so happy about is that when ever we would head out to shop, I would actually crave the take out. Not any more, I eat before I go and I get home quickly..so I don't want anything. What a big hold that had on me.

Now, back to the baked egg pizza. If you have never had a baked egg, then you just need to try this. I have seen on TV, every now and again on those cooking shows, where they go to a pizzeria and they order a pie with eggs on it. I should to say...ewwww...

This weekend I gave it a go. The picture above is of one slice I made on Monday for myself, because it was such a great tasting breakfast. I actually took a crust and cut it into 4 pieces and took one, to make mine.

This recipe is for the whole pie.

Baked Egg Pizza   wwpp=6pt per slice

Ingredients:

1 Pizza Crust Thin (look for the points the one I found made for 3 points per quarter)
I found this at the Big Lots for a dollar.

1 cup of marinara sauce ( I also found a 1pt for a cup sauce at the Aldi's)

1/4 cup of fat free mozzarella cheese

baby spinach leaves

1/2 can of mushrooms (small and drained)

1/4 of a small onion (minced)

Instructions:

1) Spread your marinara sauce onto your pizza crust.( All the way to the edge. Seems like my kids stop where the sauce stops and I hate waste.)

2) Lay your spinach leaves all over the top.

3) Sprinkle your onions on.

4) Lay your mushrooms on.

5) Sprinkle with cheese.

6) Make small indent on each quarter of the pizza. Crack an egg into each indent.

7) Slip into oven at 375 for about 15-25 minutes depending on how you like your eggs. I like mine cooked all the way. So mine took about 20 minutes. (I did find out that I had to turn the heat down near the end so my crust wouldn't get too brown and my egg could still cook.) So I am guessing it will depend on your personal oven.

Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes..

Cut into fourths and get busy.

Like I said, a baked egg gives it a nice touch. I am not sure if it is the egg, or the combination of the marinara and the egg. Either way this is a win - win for breakfast.

And  you can see I made mine individually for my own little breakfast..Yummy


Need I say more!!! (yes, more please)



Comments

Popular Posts