Strawberry and Spinach Salad wwpp=6


Okay here is the scoop. I usually buy the strawberries and leave them for the kids. Nope not this week I have eaten this salad 4 times this week. It is I promise very addictive. Not sure if it is the way the balsamic vinegar mixes with the sweet of the strawberry or the creamy of the goat cheese.
Then I found some pecans that had been glazed. Now I can't stop.

So let  me quickly share this before there is nothing left...teeeheee..

Strawberry and Spinach Salad    wwpp=6pt

Ingredients:

Baby Spinach Leaves ( I buy the large plastic container and keep in fridge to use for all stuff. For the salad you can use as much as you want.)

Strawberries (about 6-7 cut up)

onion (thin little slivers, for some reason balsamic vinegar always makes onions taste good)

Balsamic Vinegar ( a few splashes to your taste)

Goat Cheese ( now you can use what you want, but I found that the Goat was a little more creamy and really added to the salad.)

I found this at the Trader's Joes.. It came to 2 points per little serving. I like servings keeps me in check.

Pecans ( or any kind of nut, the glazed really gave it a sweet crunch) 1/4 cup was 4 points, but so worth it. Here are the one's I used. I even took a pic of what a 1/4 cup looked like.



Instructions:

Lets build us a salad.
This salad not only tastes good, but does look pretty.
I made this as a one portion, but you could make it bigger. I would still think if you were making it for everyone, that the individually made would be prettier and let everyone adjust there own topping.

1) Put in a nice bowl. ( when I am home at lunch, I like to treat myself and make it pretty, we eat with our eyes first !)

2) Fill bowl up with baby spinach (depending on how hungry I am . Spinach is 0 on ww)

3) Lay on top, strawberries, onions, break up the goat cheese and lastly put on the pecans.

4) For the finish of the salad before you eat it, drizzle balsamic vinegar all over it.
(I have read where you can make a balsamic vinegar reductions.. I don't have time, one day I will give it a whirl)

Then pour a nice glass of tea and sit and enjoy. You know this would be a great salad to take for lunch and then save the vinegar to put on last.


(another picture of my lunch)

I am now out of the stuff to make any more, and I will have to go to the store. I am in love with this salad.

Give it a try, I can't explain why the flavors are soooo great together. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.

So get out there, try something new... treat yourself nice...

Love to all...

Comments

Popular Posts