Breakfast Bowl My Way wwpp=4 points


Trying again to keep myself on the right track. This morning I decided to make a breakfast bowl. Jimmy Dean makes one and my kids love them. I can't afford them so I decided to see what I could do about this.

As for the sausage, I didn't have any, but I had ground turkey thawed in the fridge. I will post a recipe for it at the end of this post. My first attempt and it really wasn't too bad. The sausage I made was a little faint on the sage taste. I will need to buy some actual sage, instead of a seasoning mix.

These breakfast bowls, I made one for me, one for my son and my daughter and had enough to fill 3 one cup containers. I put them in the fridge. By the time everyone made it home from school. They are gone. They put them in the microwave for 1 minute and gone. You could pre-make a few more and freeze. I am guessing probably 2-3 minutes would make them good again. The next time I make them I will probably make double for the kids to eat in the morning.

Here's what I did

Breakfast Bowls My Way

Ingredients:

3 cups of diced potatoes (skin and all) (this came to be 3 small potatoes)

1/2 cup of water

1/4 cup of minced onion (unless you like big pieces you can dice them)

1 cup of spinach (small bite sized)

1 1/2 cups of egg beaters. (for the ww it gave me 4 points) ( you could use real eggs they are what like 2 points a piece. But for the taste it didn't matter)

10 oz of turkey. (now I know what an odd number but I had a package of 2 and 1/2 lbs of turkey. So I added the oz together and split it in half and got 20 oz. and then I made it into sausage and split it again into 10 oz and put half the sausage up. I took half of sausage and browned it into crumbles=1 point.
* or you could use a turkey jimmy dean crumbles they are low in number and the real bacon bits are low for a tbs..)I think they are both 1 point for each tablespoon.

1/2 cup of shredded low fat cheddar cheese

Seasoning (season your potatoes how you like them. Some ideas: hot sauce, chili powder, paparika or even a squirt of ketchup just to give it a tang.

Instructions;

With the diced potatoes and the onions, I put the water in the pan and turned on low. Cooking them slow until tender. When they were tender I pulled them out. Dried out my pan, squirt with a bit of Pam spray and sauteed them brown. When finished put into a bowl.

I took the pan and rinsed and turned on burner to dry my pan a bit, a little more Pam and in go the eggs, and the cup of small cut spinach.

When this was done. I took my 3 bowls and my 3 (1 cup)put up containers and filled them with the potatoes, evenly distributing them.



Then I took some of the turkey sausage crumbles I made and filled them all six.

Add to that the cooked egg mixture, I evenly divided it up amoung the 6 servings.

Top with a bit of cheese and you are ready to go..





It was very filling and once you pre-made them they were quick.
You know you could next time, when you are cooking up those potatoes, (put aside some just to make these) You won't be disappointed.

Turkey Sausage Crumbles

This had no recipe, I just browned up my turkey and added in sage, thyme, garlic salt, pepper, and a bells seasoning, and sea salt. It was missing something, but it was good and made the breakfast bowl.

I am going to research more on turkey sausage.. or even better anyone want to share one. I will try it out.

So my friends, enjoy yourself. Make something new. Take my recipe, and use it as an idea, create something just for you and your family

Thanks for stopping by..

Comments

Popular Posts