Feed that Soul


Today was a wonderful Saturday. The sun was shinning here in GA.

I did all my grocery shopping today. I hit the Aldi's and found some great produce. Zucchini, mushrooms, and some Roma tomatoes. Their oranges and grapefruit were just beautiful I also at Aldi's found the jar of artichokes in water. I bought up 3 jars, these were wonderful in my creations this week.

For breakfast I made home made egg mcmuffins. Making them at home is a great way to get less points and they taste better. I make them and wrap in tin foil. Makes everything warm and melty.

 For lunch, my all time favorite on the weekends is a veggie sub. I buy the hogie rolls from SAMs and we did the numbers and the 6 inch is about 6 points. Now this being a white carb as I call them, I probably won't revisit anything that high end carb for a few days. I try to stay on the veggies and small proteins, with whole grains. But sometimes there is no substitute. I used all kinds of toppings, cucumbers, onion,green pepper,yellow pickled peppers, pickles, and lettuce tossed with a little vinegar. I use yellow mustard and a bit of low fat mayo. This sandwich is always very filling.

 For dinner, we just made a salad with all the veggies I had cut to put on the sandwiches at lunch, and of course my favorite thrown in was spinach. I take each salad and toss with 1 or 2 tbs of dressing depending on what kind it is. I pre-toss to coat it so we don't over dress. I put some grilled chicken on top.

So as you read this you are probably thinking...hmmm okay, Looks like she did good, watched her points and was on her way.

 Ooooppppssss....

Now it is about 10 pm and the house is sound to sleep. I was wanting something to eat, a snack like a good dieting girl..

NOOO

Here is the part where what I have to say is very important. sometimes:

 YOU GOTTA FEED YOUR SOUL.

I got up and made a bowl of Milk Toast just like my mother used to make me when I was little. Let me tell you it was so good. So hot, buttery with just the right amount of salt and pepper. I savored every spoonful. Every bite took me back to my mother's kitchen. Back to when we were a little under the weather or just a bit sad, she would make this. It was made out of and with pure love.

So tonight I kinda blew my ww points.

But as I sign off and wish you sweet dreams.

 I am nourished in my body and my soul.

So please my friends FEED THAT SOUL !

Comments

Popular Posts