Lettuce Wraps Revamped from Pioneer Woman wwpp=1 pt



We all know by now that I am on a diet. My world knows that I am doing Weight Watchers. I am still happy and plodding along..got another 75lbs to go. I am also learning as I go. It really is a great distortion between what we think a serving-portion is and what it actually is. I am retraining, what 50 years of not doing it in portions.

I find it funny, how we have made fun of restaurants and there little small plates. Well I hate to inform, that is probably the correct portion.

Learning all this leaves me wondering what we are teaching our children. Since I have started this Journey of getting better, feeling better, and eating better, that my children are calmer, more satisfied (less trips to kitchen to find a junk fix.) although my boy could eat me out of house and home, he does love veggies and that is a good thing. I am also fortunate that they will all at least try something new.

This recipe is a remake of the Pioneer Woman's - Lettuce Wraps. I took it and down sided a few of the ingredients and made it usable for me.

Lettuce Wraps  wwpp=1pt per wrap

Ingredients:

6 oz of firm tofu

1 tsp of olive oil

1/4 cup of corn (she called for a bit more, but I didn't want to blow my points on that kind of carb)

1tbsp of balsamic vinegar

1/4 cup of soy sauce (low sodium)

1 tsp of chili powder

6 leaves of romaine lettuce

Instructions:

In a non-stick pan, put in a tsp of olive oil and then add the tofu. Break it up into crumbles. I just kept stirring because I didn't want it to burn. Trust me it does start to turn brown and crispy.

When it gets to start to be brown, put in the corn, the chili powder and cook for a few minutes.

Then add the soy and the balsamic vinegar. Stir about a little.

Serve in romaine lettuce leaves.

__________________________________

I actually had 3 and they were tasty.
The tofu, kinda was crusty and yummy, it absorbed all the flavors in the pan.
Filling the cold leaves with that hot mixture,  was a really nice texture and tasted great.
They were not filling, that was the word, but they were satisfying. I think that is the operative word. We need to be satisfied not filled until we pop.
I am actually going to make this again. I am going to use black beans next time. I will post that when I give it a whirl.

I am hoping everyone is enjoying my posts...all comments are welcome.

If you have a favorite recipe.. send it to me and I will see if I can remake it, or a fav veggie..
Even if you have something hanging in your pantry..drop me a line and we can see what we can do with it.

I love a challenge.

Comments

Popular Posts