Ragu Double Cheddar Cheese Sauce Brocolli Soup wwpp=3pt


Okay, I know, I know.. I really didn't think the picture made it look too good. I should have set a scene but I wanted to get this recipe out there. Maybe this weekend I can make it look all gourmey..
It may not look pretty, but it was so quick, easy and very good. If I had a little more time, I would have maybe toasted some fresh bread crouton with garlic.. mmmmm...

Since broccoli is at a good price, I wanted to share this quick. I actually went to Aldi's this week and got a few heads of it for 99 cents. I also got two heads of cauliflower, zucchini, green peppers and some fruit. Really great prices, cause when I ended up at my local Kroger's the broccoli and cauliflower was actually 2.99  a head. The woman at Aldi's said they get produce twice a week. You got my vote. Especially since I am doing Weight Watcher's and it seems if I stay near the grains and veggie end of the spectrum, I start to lose weight.

I am sure if you were to break this recipe down, you could get a few points lower, but my goal in this diet is to make it live able. In reality I have to feed 5 people and we all have to eat and they aren't going to always eat everything. Also one of the main reasons I chose Weight Watchers was so I could use what I have at home. I promised myself that I wasn't going to throw or waste anything. So I always have a jar of Ragu Double Cheddar Sauce. The kids love it on any veggies, I prefer lemon on mine. Sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do and if that is cheese sauce on veggies then that is what it is.


Ragu Double Cheddar Sauce Broccoli Soup     wwpp=3pt
this makes about 8 one cup serving

Ingredients:

1 bunch of fresh broccoli (mine had three heads in it, next time I might add more) ( I am thinking you could add frozen too if you like)

5 cups of water

4 cloves of garlic

4 bouillon cubes

1 jar of Ragu Double Cheddar Cheese Sauce

Instructions:

1) Cut the florets off of the broccoli and put in the pot with the water, garlic and the bouillon cubes. (I put the stems in, just to get the vitamins out of it, when it boiled till tender I removed them and threw them away)

2) Boil until tender.

3) Turn off and if you are careful, I put my immersion blender into it and blended it down. (I kinda splashed my self and it was hot) If you put it into a blender let it cook a bit too.

4) After all that was blended I added the jar of Ragu Double Cheddar Sauce.

*** also you could add whatever else you have in the fridge, onions, carrots, spinach. Just throw them in with broccoli and then blend. Kinda changes the name a bit if you do..

I actually had my children taste this. They thought it was good. My daughter thought I should use it on mashed potatoes. My friends daughter thought it would be tasty on chicken.

So all in all, it was a nice soup. Filling and satisfying.

I like how quick it came together. My next one I think is going to be a cauliflower one. What could be easier and even healthy to boot.

I am learning that seasonal veggies are the bomb.. So get out there and buy something you normally wouldn't and make something yours. Take my recipe and vamp it up.. Sprinkle it with some good cheese, croutons. If you aren't on a diet, you can add much more, maybe on pasta...yummy



Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds tasty.I wonder what it would tast like with red bell peppers
Thank u so much for posting.

Popular Posts