Faux Fried Pickles wwpp=2



I find it a fun challenge to take something we just love and re-invent it into a healthier version. Now don't get me wrong, there is no greasy, crunchy taste to these. The is however the taste of the fried pickle, and it is crunchy. I also made a ranch dressing to dip in.

Faux Fried Pickles   wwpp=2 (this made a tray of 14-16 pickles)

Ingredients:

1 medium jar of dill pickles ( I chose the sliced ones for sandwiches, I was not in the mood to dip the chips, but that would be fine too)

1/2 cup of fiber one cereal (processed down into floury kinda,) ( you know you could probably use any kind of cereal just take into account if you are doing ww, the points.. all my points came from the cereal)

Instructions:

1) Process down the fiber one cereal and then season it. I used garlic powder, seasoning salt, and pepper. Be sure to taste it, cause sometimes I feel that the cereal is a little on the sweet taste.











2) Lay the pickles on a paper towel and slightly dry them, I left just enough so it would pick you the coating.











3) Spray a cookie sheet with non- stick spray and lay them on it.










4) Put in 400 oven and bake until crispy, took anywhere between 15-20 minutes.

Serve them with a little Ranch dressing and they were pretty good..











For the dipping sauce, I took fat free sour cream. Which in ww talk is 1 point for 2 tbs. So I took 8 tablespoons and that was 4 points, then I added Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mix.. (which for up to 8 teaspoons is nothing) I used only 4 tsp...

I personally measure out two tbs of the dip and it was plenty ( I had 5 slices of pickles )

So my total ww point consumption was 3 points.

This recipe excites me, because now I starting to accumulate a collection of quick bar foods (snacklets that the family loves.)

* on a low calorie note.. this should also be a low one. A pickle is what 10 and the fiber one is like 100 and you don't even use it all.

I wanted to get this one done and out there, since St Paddy's Day is coming....

Comments

Popular Posts