Brocolli Cheese Pasta wwpp=6


Just when you think, hmmm I have had three bowls of this broccoli cheese soup and it was delicious, and I have a few more cups left, wonder what else I can do with this. Sooooo... I made spaghetti last night and put it in the spaghetti. It was really so good, almost like a light Alfredo. My children ate it like it was the best thing next to the real spaghetti sauce. 

Broccoli  Cheese (and other add ins ) Pasta    wwpp=6

Ingredients:

1 bunch of fresh broccoli (mine had three heads in it, next time I might add more) ( I am thinking you could add frozen too if you like)


(other add ins) this really depends on what you have, but for me I put in an onion (chunked), spinach, and carrots.

5 cups of water

4 cloves of garlic

4 bouillon cubes

1 jar of Ragu Double Cheddar Cheese Sauce

1 box of spaghetti

Instructions:

1) Prepare your pasta as per box.

2) Cut the florets off of the broccoli and put in the pot with the water, garlic, spinach, onions, carrots and the bouillon cubes. (I put the stems in, just to get the vitamins out of it, when it boiled till tender I removed them and threw them away)

3) Boil until tender.

4) Turn off and if you are careful, I put my immersion blender into it and blended it down. (I kinda splashed my self and it was hot) If you put it into a blender let it cook a bit too.

5) After all that was blended I added the jar of Ragu Double Cheddar Sauce.

I took 2 cups of it and mixed it into the pasta. Since I am doing ww I divided this into 6 one cup portions. That made a nice size bowl for everyone. The kids put parm cheese on top (if you do this is will add a point, I skipped it)

Salt and a little pepper and you were ready to go.

The reason I posted this recipe is because it really was so healthy and good. When you are at a loss to find that one recipe that can feed a family and be good for you too, it saves you a few minutes to keep these ingredients on hand.

We ate this last night and it left me craving some more. I am thinking, what about on baked potatoes, or mashed potatoes. What about a mix in for mashed potatoes? Or maybe an omelet topping? Endless possibilities..

I am sure you could probably do the rue thing with the fat free cheddar and shave off a point or two. But this was really quick and easy. I made a whole extra quart (put in a canning quart jar in fridge) for the rest of the week.

What do you think?

Remember take this recipe, use it what you will. Clean that fridge out of veggies, that are ready to be used or in a few days, wasted. Whip up some of this.. you won't be disappointed.

Get out there and enjoy your day.

Comments

Popular Posts