My Spaghetti Pie wwpp=4



I was rooting around in my fridge, and found a whole container of mushrooms, that I was afraid I wouldn't get around to, so I used what I had in the refrigerator to make this little lunch. 

Spaghetti Pie     wwpp=4

Ingredients:

1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms

1/4 cup of diced onions

5 cloves of garlic

1 cup of spinach (dice into bite size, sometimes smaller so the kids don't rebel)

1/2 cup of marinara sauce, ( I bought one at Aldi's that was 1 point for 1/2 cup, you will need to read the labels to find a 1 pointer)

2 cups of spaghetti noodles (already cooked) ( I keep six one cups in the fridge, for a quickie meal during the week)

1/4 cup of fat free mozzarella

Instructions:

1) In a pan saute with a little water, the garlic, onions, mushrooms and when tender add in the spinach and finish saute until tender.











2) In a bowl mix one egg with the 2 cups of already cooked spaghetti, season with salt and pepper. Spray a pan ( I used a pie pan that was like a cake pan) and pour in spaghetti mixture.











3) Take the marinara sauce and pour on top.












3) Then the saute mix on top of that.












4) and at last sprinkle with your mozzarella cheese.

5) Pop in oven at 375 for about 20 minutes or so.













Pretty right? The egg set the spaghetti like a pizza crust. This idea really sparks some more combinations that I could do.

Broccoli and cheese; deep dish pizza with veggies.

Just a few ideas. The one thing that made this so easy was I had most of my stuff cut up and ready. It made for a light lunch. I am sure you could add so much more and have a bigger serving and serve with a nice salad.

Take this recipe, as I always tell you, make it your own. I am only sharing so you can see that it is obtainable and easy. After awhile you will get used to cooking at home. I really find it rewarding to always be able to use what I have and not waste.

If anyone has any thoughts or ideas on how to make this, drop me a line, I love to hear from you all.

So I am "outie " ... Got a beautiful sunshine outside, and my son is calling my name..

Much love and peace to all..


Comments

Popular Posts