Chicken Enchiladas --- wwpp=8 for (2)



When I shop, I try to pre-plan my menu for the week ahead, but I have one habit, I have to make sure that I don't waste anything. I actually had those tortillas hanging out in my bread drawer. I was using them for wraps and quesidialas and I had moved on to other recipes to try.

I decided that it was time to get them out and use them. So I will not waste..

Chicken Enchiladas

Ingredients:

2 cups of shredded chicken ( this was like two really large chicken breasts = 5 (3oz) portions. I also boiled these until tender.)

                        * I put these in a large pot and added a chunked up onion, garlic cloves, and a few
                           stalks of celery and boiled the chicken until tender. This also left me with about 2-3
                           quarts of chicken broth.

1 bag of peppers and onions (the frozen ones were fine)

1 cup of cut up spinach ( I keep a large container of baby spinach, is a great filler)

1 can of black beans (1 and 1/2 cups)

1/2 cup of chicken broth

2 tbls of taco seasoning

1/2 cup of salsa

1 and 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce (check the points on the back..I found one that was 1 point per 1/2 cup)

1 and 1/2 cup of fat free shredded cheddar cheese

10 xtreme wellness tortillas

Instructions:

Shred your chicken.

In a pan put in the frozen peppers, onions, spinach, chicken broth, black beans, shredded chicken and the taco seasoning. Cook until half of the broth is reduced. This will let the spices soak up in the chicken.

Let cool

             *I look at the pan and spread the mixture evenly in the pan, then I draw a line down       the middle, and then section five little sections on each side. So that each tortilla gets an even portion.

Put a piece of foil down inside a 9x13 pan and spray with non-stick spray. Easy clean up.

Take a tortilla, put in the amount of mixture (down the entire middle) add a bit of salsa.

Roll up and place in pan with the seam down. Do this until you squeeze in all 10.

Pour on top the enchilada sauce (all over it)

Then put the cheese on top.

Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.


I topped this with lettuce, tomatoes, and onions...

My whole family really liked this one. It even reheated the next day, really well.

I hope that everyone is enjoying me sharing my recipes on my journey. Just because I use the WWpoints, doesn't mean it is just for ww people. It is just a new way of eating. Take my recipe and make it your own. I am sure you can make it more awesome and then let me know..

Share with me..

Comments

Popular Posts