Meat-Ball Calizone wwpp=5



So I woke this morning with a whole head full of ideas to try. I actually take account what I have in my kitchen and work from there. I was straightening my bread drawer and I saw all my Xtreme Tortillas peeping at me, from under the Flat Out (my all time fav) and thought..hmmm.. Gotta use those.

So today I tried to create a Faux Calizone. I am sure you could stuff them with all kinds of things. I opted to stuff them with meatballs, that I had saved from a previous meal. Waste not, want not!

Here is what I came up with. The recipe makes enough for two, I would make one if it is just for you and put the rest back in a container to make later, or freeze in a small snack baggie inside a freezer bag for a quick go to meal.

Meat- Ball Calizone

Ingredients:

4 meatballs (mine were precooked, if not then take 4 frozen meatballs, thaw in microwave and cut up into small bite size pieces)

1/2 cup of sauce (I calculated for Hunt's Four Cheese0

1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt (this stuff in amazing)

1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese (fat free-2%)

1 tsp of garlic powder

dash of salt and pepper

2 Xtreme tortillas

Instructions:

Take the 4 meatballs and cut into bite size pieces and put in a saute pan, add the sauce (reserve a little to drizzle on top)

Heat until slightly warm.

Add in the yogurt, cheese, garlic powder and a pinch of salt and pepper.

Place your tortilla in microwave for 10 seconds to soften.

Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray. I use foil on mine, so I don't have such a big cleanup.

Take tortilla and fill in the middle.

Put a little water along the edge.

Fold over tortilla to make a half moon shape, pinch edges together. I used a fork and pressed down to make indents and it was enough to keep it closed.

Spray just a light squirt on top.

Pop in oven at 400 for around 10 minutes or until it gets brown.

When it comes out drizzle with sauce you reserved.

I only got a tiny taste because the kids are home. The only complaint I got was I didn't make enough.. You could also cut the tortillas in half and make two small ones. This came to a total of 5 wwpp on the recipe maker.

I hope you try it, make it your own.

I would like to try one with broccoli, cheddar cheese, green yogurt and skip the sauce..

Or  my favorite go to, my spinach, garlic (and more garlic) onion and cheese..hmmm.. more recipes to come up with.


Comments

Popular Posts