Meatloaf - wwpp=7



Who doesn't love a good meatloaf? Reminds me of when I was little, being in a family 8 total, kids and adults combined. There was always the Meatloaf. No one ever made one better than my moms.
As I grew older I adapted my own recipe, and tweaked it with a combination of hers and my older sisters.
Now as I am trying to be success full and make this Weight Watcher stuff work for me. I am revamping what I can.
This one is full of vegetables and half turkey, half  sirloin (93 percent) beef. I personally like the chunky one where I leave the veggies in minced bits, but my children prefer not to know what is in it and for some odd reason, puree the veggies does seem to make it more compact.

Meatloaf

Ingredients:

1 cup of carrots ( chunk them up)

1 cup of celery (chunked)

1 small onion (chunked)

1 cup of spinach (fresh, just throw in) ( frozen or can drain)

1 can of tomatoes diced (drain)

3 cloves of garlic

1 pound of turkey (lean) or 1 pound of chicken (lean)

2 1/2 pound of sirloin (93 percent lean ground beef)

2 cups of oatmeal

4 tbsp of BQ sauce or ketchup

Instructions:

In a pot put carrots, celery, onion, spinach, and garlic with a little bit of water. Cook until the vegetables are all tender. Let cool a bit, then either process or I use my immersion blender. Blend down until pureed. Let this whole mix cool.  If you don't it is very hard to mix in the meat with your hands.

In a bowl put the meats and mix them together, then add tomatoes, oatmeal and the pureed vegetables. Mix until thoroughly mixed together.

I actually shaped them into (12) 4"x 2" logs about 2" high. They made sweet little personal meatloaves. I have also seen online a bunch of sites that put them in a muffin tin. Might try that next time.

Take the BQ sauce and put a bit on each little loaf.

Put in oven at 350 for about 50 minutes.

The weight watcher plus points for this was 7 when I was done. I used the actual WW calculator for recipes.


_______________________________________

With this recipe I made 12 so I actually served 5 and 1 for the leftovers. The other 6 I wrapped tight and put in the freezer for another meal next week.

I served this with a cup of basmati rice (2/3 cup) 4 points and green beans and asparagus.

This was also great cold. Made for a nice sandwich the next day.. Fun part is the kids never knew about the veggies, until I told them later.

One way or another we will get healthier, and more active. Hoping for a whole new outlook and direction in this life a Journey if you will..

So hang in there, hang tight, and we will weather this together.. I always like company on my Journey...

Comments

Popular Posts