Hungry Girl's Onion Rings -- Really great recipe--wwpp=2

This picture is a picture of my Onion Rings this morning...


Onion Rings

Ingredients:

1 large onion

1/4 cup of Egg Beaters ( I used generic from Walmart)

1/2 cup of Fiber One ( I used what Fiber Cereal that I had)

Garlic Powder / Season Salt ( the fiber cereal is a tad sweet so if you add a little salty season it balances it perfectly.

Instructions:

Take the fiber cereal and process it down to crumbs, and season them.

Put egg substitute in a bowl.

Cut up the onion, I get three giant rings before I take them apart.

Spray a cookie sheet to lay them on.

Dip each ring in the egg, shake the excess off, and then put in the crumbs. ( this time I put my crumbs in my measuring cup (the big one) and just dropped ring in and shook till it was covered.)

Lay on cookie sheet. I put the big ones on first and then positioned the little ones inside a few of the big ones, as long as they didn't touch at all.

Cook at 375 for about 20 minutes. (check you can cook until how crunchy you want them.)
(you can eat the whole thing..)



Even though the main idea was HUNGRY GIRLS, I add a few spices to make them how we like them. So don't be afraid to take a recipe and tune it to how you and your family like it. That what makes trying and experimenting with food so much fun.

Also these recipes, I put what I found them to be in the WW Points Plus numbers. They are still just a great substitute for an old recipe. They just were made a bit healthier, and isn't that what we all want to feel better, get healthy and live a long life..

Live, Laugh and Love...

Comments

Popular Posts