Roasted Garlic, Spinach Spagetti wwpp = 7



Lunch today was so very simple.

Remember we discussed about leaving a container with cut up baby spinach in it, just for these quick moments. I also yesterday, roasted about 6 heads of garlic, so all I really needed to do was to cook the spagetti noodles. I know there are all kinds of lower points for the pasta, but my goal on this journey is to use what I have, so spagetti noodles served 8 which was a little shy of a cup per person. But look at the picture, I am kinda getting used to the cup size, and it is so far really filling. If you are needing to bulk up, remember to keep other things cut up, zucchini is a good one, or even brocolli. I do not throw anything away.

My favorite go to container now is the great value one cup. It is over in the aisle above the foil. I only use this to hold my leftovers, not cook in them. I took the pasta I made today and split it up into 8 servings, 5 to put up and 1 for me and 2 for the little ones.

I just wanted to drop in quick and post this, for those looking for a quickie..lol.. (I remember the days when quickie, wasn't about food...tisk, tisk,..my life...)

Roasted Garlic, Spinach Spagetti

Ingredients:

1 serving of spagetti (or any pasta)

3 cloves of roasted garlic (if you don't have you can sautee just a bit of minced garlic in a little water to make tender)

1/2 cup of cut up spinach

1 tbsp of Brumbel and Brown Yogurt spread (or a tsp of olive oil)

1 tbsp of Parmascian cheese

salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:

In a little pan start to warm up your garlic and spinach with just a tablespoon of brumbel and brown yogurt spread (just warm not cook)

Toss with your spagetti, warm through and plate..Sprinkle with Pharm (if you want to loose a point skip the Pharm, but it was good with it..)

----------------------------------------------------
Here's a picture of my spagetti going into the containers, for later, and at my house later means soon. The kids have really gotten into this style of living. They can sautee just about anything.



Later this week, I think even cherry tomatoes sauteed into it would be wonderful to.

Just like I said a recipe, is just a recipe, but when you take it, make it yours. Enjoy it. Bring your family back to the table, back to the kitchen. Pass on what you can do, to the new generation. Then they will have the tools to take care of themselves well.

I hope you all enjoy my posts and have a wonderful time. Keep in Touch.. I am here is you need me..

Comments

Popular Posts