Salmon Patties - revisited - wwpp=2


Salmon Patties

Ingredients:

1 can of salmon (save the juice)( take out the little spine bones)

1/4 of onion (minced)

1 garlic clove (minced)

1 cup of cut up spinach (small, small)( I add this because it makes me feel fuller and it is a very healthy add in, and really doesn't have much taste)

2 tbs of lemon pepper seasoning

1/2 cup of bread crumbs

Instructions:

Take salmon and break up, (remove spine bones, although my mother said they were nothing and would just leave them, but would just break them into nothing, so we couldn't taste them)

Add in the onion, garlic, spinach, bread crumbs and lemon pepper seasoning. Mix altogether, if it seems to dry to mold then add a bit of the juice)

Make them into small patties ( one scoop with my hands about the size of a meatball and then mold and squeeze into a patty)  I made 10 small ones out of this.

(these are already cooked, but I wanted you to see the size)



Spray a pan with non- stick spray and lay them in on medium heat. Around 4 minutes per side so they can brown and warm all the way through. Also to give them time to get the onions, garlic and spinach a little soft. Try not to turn them over more than once, so they don't fall apart.

Each one of these turned out to be 2 points a piece.

They were very good. Since I am the only one that likes salmon I have some for lunch another day.

_________________________________________________________________--

How I ate them today.

I make a really quick, lightly Creamy Pasta.

You will need:

Smart Taste Ronzoni ( make as per package, reserve a bit of the pasta water)

1 laughing cow swiss cheese

Take the laughing cow cheese and mix with just a bit of the hot pasta water. Makes a creamy little sauce and add to the pasta.

Then I put my patties on top..

So for my lunch I used 10 points..


Comments

Popular Posts