Stuffed Mushrooms wwpp=1 (per mushroom)


Seems like when I am creating, it usually becomes my breakfast. I am better at things in the morning, with a fresh, new clean kitchen.

This weekend, I had bought a carton of mushroom, with the intentions of dicing them up and putting in a few things I was wanting to eat. But as with life, they got pushed to the side. So this morning when I was looking for breakfast and checking out my stock of vegetables. With the fresh veggies, I need to use them or lose them. I try to keep my menu planned with what is on hand.

So then I decided.. hmm, what about a stuffed mushroom. I have never made a stuffed mushroom. Well now that I have they will become the new appetizer. It was really quite tasty.

Let me post the recipe that I created. Be sure to try these weight watchers or not. They were very good and I am sure not too many calories.

Alot of the ingredients, I have already pre-cut in small containers on Sunday, so it is a quicker start.

Stuffed Mushrooms

Ingredients:

12 medium mushrooms or 24 small

1 small onion (minced small) (I keep one already diced, so all I had to do was make it smaller)

6 cloves of garlic (minced small) ( I used the roasted garlic that I made yesterday.)

1 cup of spinach (minced small) (this also was already cut, just needed to be made smaller)

2 tbs of Real Bacon Bits

1/4 cup of water (or chicken broth) (I also keep a small carton in fridge0

1 tbs of Parmesian cheese

2 Laughing Cow Cheese

1/4 egg beaters (egg sub)

1/4 cup of bread crumbs ( I used Progresso Italian (so I didn't have to put alot of spices into it))



Instructions:

Take the mushrooms and brush them off ( I confess, I rinse them quick). Pop out the stem. Take the mushrooms and toss in a bowl with a squirt of Pam Olive Oil and a dash of Sea Salt. Then lay on a sheet of foil (sprayed with non-stick too). Leave them while you prep the filling.

Take the mushroom stems and mince them up. Put them, bacon bits, onion, garlic and the water (chicken broth) into a pan. Sautee until tender and throw in spinach for just a second. Cut the heat and put to the side.

In a bowl take the laughing cow cheese (2) and add the parmasian cheese, egg beaters, salt and pepper and smoosh around.

Add in mixture from the pan and add the bread crumbs. Mix all together.

Fill the mushroom caps, I just started with to the top and then went back if I had any left over.

Pop in oven at 375 for about 20 minutes.

Let them cool a little. I thought that they tasted much better. Also if I were going to do it again I would use the smaller ones and made more. I think I like the idea of popping them into my mouth as one bite. The medium I had to cut.

Here's a picture of one I cut in half so you could see.




These were really good. I used the WW recipe builder to get the numbers. They go for 1 point a piece. I am thinking if you skip the bacon, you could probably get a little less on the numbers. At the time I was figuring in some protein to make it through the morning.

I ate three of them and actually I am full. I can't wait to try these on my husband. I hope he enjoys them as much as I do..

Please if you give them a try, remember... you can add what you like.

So enjoy...



Comments

Popular Posts